Please click the triangle to view Our Philosophy
- Aprendemos | We Learn
- Vivimos | We Live
- Hablamos | We Speak
- Entendemos | We Understand
We chose The Creative Curriculum because it is
• developmentally appropriate
• child centered and teacher led.
• structured to create opportunities for social/ emotional engagement and competency
• comprised of large and small group activities as well as individual engagement.
• Gathering activity–Math manipulatives or sensory play
• Circle time–Repetition of core concepts, music and movement
• Activity–Art, exploration, or science
• Snack–a hearty meal from home
• Outside play–social engagement, free choice and exercise
• Activity–read aloud, occasionally indoor free choice
• Closing circle and goodbye
We invite families to come and experience our day through scheduled class time visits.
Because the human brain is neurologically tuned to language acquisition between the ages of 18 months to 6 years, our program taps into this potential by:
• Providing a 100% immersion environment
• Creating context through activities, music and movement
• Practice through repetition
• Creating a safe and nurturing environment to acquire and practice new language skills.
Our staff uses the Positive Discipline approach for classroom management.
By viewing behavior as simply behavior without labeling it as “good” or “bad” and understand that behavior is a call from a child to meet a need, we create a mutually respectful, understanding environment that makes connections more important than behavior. In order for us to discipline ‘positively’, we ask ourselves the following:
• Is it kind and firm at the same time? (Respectful and encouraging)
• Does it help children feel a sense of belonging and significance? (Connection)
• Is it effective long-term? (Punishment works short term, but has negative long-term results.)
• Does it teach valuable social and life skills for good character? (Respect, concern for others, problem-solving, accountability, contribution, cooperation)
• Does it invite children to discover how capable they are and to use their personal power in constructive ways?